- Add your own natural fruit juice for water flavouring. Adding a squeeze of lemon, orange or lime can add some flavour to your water and make it more appealing to drink.
TIP: Purchase a hands juicer to make this activity easier and less hassle. If you’re unable to find one, use juice drops.
- Introduce spicy food to your diet. By eating more Spice and foods you’ll naturally wish to drink more water
TIP: Only eat spicy foods if you can and its part of your diet. It may cause stomach upsets if you’re not used to it don’t eat spicy food.
- Utilize an App. There are some great water apps available for smartphones. These programs help you keep track of just how much water you have consumed during the day and send you reminders to keep the water flowing.
TIP: Use the application for iPhone and android.
- Use a water filter jug. If you live in a hard water area, your water could have a funny taste. Using a filter will purify your water, making it clear, fresh and tasty.
- Buy a bottle of water and take it with you. One of the reasons that a number folks don’t drink enough fluids is because we do not have water. Keeping a bottle to hand to help keep you hydrated.
TIP: When your bottle is empty refill it Also keep it in the refrigerator.
- While you exercise, stay hydrated. Being dehydrated when exercising can cause an increased risk of blood cots, as your blood will thicken and your blood vessels will become narrower. We all get thirsty whilst we are exercising since we are losing more water through sweat.
TIP: Be sure you take a bottle of water to sip during training, do not wait until you are back home. A fantastic way to remember to do it is to take a sip after every exercise/set.
- Drink water as your starter. When you are out for dinner a way that is easy to drink water would be to get a glass before your meal. Oftentimes we’re often thirsty rather than hungry. This tip will allow you to stay hydrated as well as help you drop weight as you drinking more and are currently eating less.
TIP: This does not have to be when your eating out, you can incorporate this into your work day, lunch and evening meal.
- Eat plenty of water rich foods. As mentioned above water doesn’t just have to come from what we drink. You’re able to remain hydrated with consuming foods such as celery, lettuce, melon and lemon, with a high water content. These foods are healthy and will keep you fuller for longer.
TIP: Cut some water rich foods up to snack on during the day. They are healthy and help in reaching your water goals (watermelon contains 92% satisfied of water).
- Drink water on your nights out. A really great tip to drink more water would be to substitute each alcoholic beverage having a glass of plain water at a night out. This will help save you the morning after from feeling dreadful and is healthier for the human entire body.
TIP: If this is too difficult in big groups at parties, make sure 2 hours before you go home you drink plenty of water to avoid being dehydrated the next day.
- Drink a glass of water whilst you wait for your brew. Whenever you’re making a cup of tea or coffee and you are standing about waiting for the pot to boil, catch a glass of plain water. This may counteract the consequences of drinking caffeine, which is actually very dehydrating.
TIP: When going to get the milk for your hot drink, make sure you have a cold water jug in the fridge too. Grab it while you’re getting the milk and pour a nice glass of water while the kettle boils.
- Purchase a fine bottle that is re-useable which you will actually use. Using a bottle that you will enjoy using will motivate you to continue drinking through the day.
TIP: Buy a water bottle like this stunning stainless steel one, which is insulated to keep your water cold all day.
- Drink through a straw and keep sipping throughout the day. Utilize an enjoyable straw that will assist you drink more water.
TIP: Buy a crazy straw to make sure you do this or buy a water bottle with a sip filter.
- Try different types of water like, spring, mineral, sparking and flavoured water.
TIP: You can jazz up water with one of these variations. Bear in mind, whatever will help to make water even more pleasurable for you is a good thing.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in the car and take a sip while you are stuck in traffic. Driving dehydrates us especially in the hot weather and with the air con that dries out the air.
TIP: On long car journeys be sure you set reminders on your telephone alarms to really have a drink of water every 30 minutes. In warm weather increase this to 15 minutes.
- Replace your daily vitamin tablets with vitamin water drops for your drink. Take in all of the vitamins that are vital and keep you energised daily.
TIP: If you’re finding it hard to find or drink vitamin drops you can use effervescent versions that have to be taken in a full glass of water. This can be part of your daily morning routine.
- Swap the sugary squashes, fruit juices and fizzy drinks for a glass of water. Reducing your sugar level will help in weight loss, diabetic management and help maintain healthy gums.
TIP: If you have a sweet tooth and want to add some flavour to your water try adding a water flavour enhancer without artificial sweeteners.
- Keep an eye out for water coolers and stop for a quick drink.
TIP: Purchase a workplace water cooler machine if you do not have one. If this proves too expensive buy a desktop version.
- Include water drinking into your daily routine. Drink 2 glasses of water in the morning and start the day how you wish to proceed.
TIP: Taking an effervescent vitamin like mentioned above can start this off. Also if you’re taking any morning medication make sure you take them with a full glass of water not just a small amount.
- Add deadlines to your water drinking. Aim to drink a certain amount by 10am, midday, 2pm and in the evening to be sure that to reach your goal.
TIP: Use a DIY water bottle with deadlines on so you know when and how to reach your targets during the day. In the evening, you can substitute cold water with a warm water drink attain your objectives.
- Make a water wager with your friends and colleagues. Establish goals and challenges on who will consume the most water (in reason and also for health advantage ). Making water drinking fun will encourage you to re-hydrate.
TIP: Pair off in teams and offer an incentive for the winner (i.e. whoever loses makes the coffee/tea for the next day).