1) Turn off your ionizer and shut off the water supply going to the unit.
2) Locate the filter housing of your ionizer and remove the 2nd Filter.
3) Attach the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge. Do NOT over tighten!
4) Turn on both the power to the ionizer as well as the water supply.
5) Run water through the ionizer using the H2O CLEAN mode. DO NOT use any other mode when going through this cleaning process!
6) Allow H2O Clean water to cycle for 5 minutes.
7) Do not operate the machine for 3 hours.
8) After 3 hours, follow steps 1-4, replacing the Citric Acid Ionizer Cleaning Cartridge with the original filter.
9) Run the unit on the H2O cycle for 5 minutes to wash the filter inside with clean water.
10) Check pH levels of the machine and flow rate. The pH levels should return to normal. If not, repeat steps 1 through 9. The process can be repeated up to FOUR times with one cartridge.
NOTE: When cleaning your Tyent machine, be sure to always use the H2O purified water level only! Do not use any other level while cleaning or damage could occur.
NOTE: If your water ionizer is subject to hard water conditions, a Cell Safe Anti-Scale filter should be connected. This filter will prevent scale buildup on plates.
Your ionizer water cell is now clean and protected against future scaling! Repeat this process every 6-12 months or as necessary based on source water conditions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-855-846-8950.